I don’t make this stuff up, I just pass it along …
A psychotherapist, Chellis Glendinning, offers her opinions about the validity of and threat of technology to the “electrically-sensitive” in this op-ed in the January 17th Santa Fe New Mexican: Our bodies, our Wi-Fi routers.
Interesting excerpt that is oh-so-typical of this ilk’s thought process and public manipulations:
It strikes me that, as more WiMAX, smart meters and smartphones blanket us with more EMF, more people are experiencing untoward effects — without knowing why. Here are some of the symptoms:
- A sense of pressure on the chest, a grip-like clench about the heart
- Overstimulation of the nervous system leading to anxiety, sleeplessness, heart arrhythmia — or the opposite: depression, sluggishness, fatigue
- Headaches, loss of memory, “brain fog,” dizziness
- Flashes of light in the eyes, black floaters that appear like spider webs, insect legs, specks, etc.
- Ringing in the ears, hearing loss
- Hormonal imbalances, menstrual disorders
- Reduced immune functioning — with greater susceptibility to colds, allergies, influenza, etc.
Only space limits the number of “symptoms” that have been attributed to electrical sensitivities. As I noted earlier, virtually every typical human malady has been claimed by someone concerned about everyday levels of electromagnetic radiation, including (but not limited to):
headaches, dizziness, nausea, difficulty concentrating, memory loss, irritability, depression, anxiety, insomnia, fatigue, weakness, tremors, muscle spasms, numbness, tingling, altered reflexes, muscle and joint pain, leg/foot pain, flu-like symptoms, fever. More severe reactions can include seizures, paralysis, psychosis and stroke; Cardiac: palpitations, arrhythmias, pain or pressure in the chest, low or high blood pressure, slow or fast heart rate, shortness of breath; sinusitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, and asthma; skin rash, itching, burning, and facial flushing; pain or burning in the eyes, pressure in/behind the eyes, deteriorating vision, floaters, and cataracts; digestive problems; abdominal pain; enlarged thyroid, testicular/ovarian pain; dryness of lips, tongue, mouth, eyes; great thirst; dehydration; nosebleeds, internal bleeding; altered sugar metabolism; immune abnormalities; redistribution of metals within the body; hair loss; pain in the teeth; deteriorating fillings; impaired sense of smell; ringing in the ears.